The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) estimated 92.zero million acres of corn planted within the United States for 2020, up 3% from final yr, in accordance with the Acreage report launched at the moment. Soybean space planted is estimated at 83.eight million acres, up 10% from final yr.
Following as much as the Prospective Plantings report launched in late spring, NASS surveyed almost 71,000 farm operators through the first two weeks of June to collect data on what farmers truly planted. Key findings launched within the Acreage report embrace:
- Growers anticipate to reap 84.zero million acres of corn for grain, up 3% from final yr.
- 92% of all corn acres planted within the United States are biotech varieties, unchanged from final yr.
- Soybean harvested space for 2020 is estimated at 83.zero million acres, up 11% from 2019.
- Producers planted 94% of the soybean acreage utilizing herbicide resistant seed varieties, unchanged from 2019.
- All cotton planted space for 2020 is estimated at 12.2 million acres, 11% beneath final yr.
- Upland cotton is estimated at 12.zero million acres, down 11% from 2019.
- American Pima is estimated at 195,000 acres, down 15% from final yr.
- 96% of Upland cotton planted acres are biotech varieties, down 2 share factors from 2019.
- All wheat planted space for 2020 is estimated at 44.Three million acres, down 2% from final yr. This represents the bottom all wheat planted space on document since information started in 1919.
- Winter wheat planted space is estimated at 30.6 million acres, down 2% from 2019. This represents the second lowest winter wheat planted space on document since information started in 1909.
- Other spring wheat wheat planted space is estimated at 12.2 million acres, down 4% from 2019.
- Durum wheat planted space is estimated at 1.50 million acres, up 12% from final yr. This marks the primary yr of accelerating acreage since 2016.
NASS at the moment additionally launched the quarterly Grain Stocks report to supply estimates of on-farm and off-farm shares as of June 1. Key findings in that report embrace:
- Corn shares totaled 5.22 billion bushels, up lower than 1% from the identical time final yr. On-farm corn shares had been up 3% from a yr in the past, however off-farm shares had been down 2%.
- Soybeans saved totaled 1.39 billion bushels, down 22% from June 1, 2019. On-farm soybean shares had been down 13% from a yr in the past, whereas off-farm shares had been down 28%.
- All wheat saved totaled 1.04 billion bushels, down 3% from a yr in the past. On-farm all wheat shares had been up 12% from final yr, whereas off-farm shares had been down 7%.
- Durum wheat saved totaled 42.eight million bushels, down 22% from June 1, 2019. On-farm shares of Durum wheat had been down 32% from June 1, 2019. Off-farm shares of Durum wheat had been down from the earlier yr by 13%.
The Acreage and Grain Stocks studies and all different NASS studies can be found on-line