The HPAPI Summit is a recurring occasion designed to assemble manufacturing specialists, chemists, researchers and different stakeholders to debate present and rising trends round high-potency energetic pharmaceutical elements (HPAPIs). Organizations represented within the presenter record embrace AstraZeneca, Abbvie, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck, Boehringer Ingelheim, Lonza, Genentech, Allergan and extra.
Scheduled to happen November 18-20 in Boston (rescheduled from June 1-3), the occasion will encompass workshops, interactive periods, networking alternatives and different programming. According to occasion organizers, the HPAPI Summit is meant to offer attendees with a variety of knowledge in a number of data areas, together with:
- Learning and evaluating the most recent technological improvements
- Process design and growth, starting from R&D to industrial manufacturing
- Regulatory foundations and updates to assist guarantee operations are compliant
- Creating a fit-for-purpose environmental, heath and security (EHS) program
- Defining contract growth and manufacturing group (CDMO) partnerships, technology switch and danger mitigation.
The HPAPI Summit’s first day will encompass a sequence of workshops, every tackling a distinct space devoted to gaining a greater understanding of present issues round HPAPIs. The deliberate periods are:
- Verification of Containment Performance: attendees will find out about and focus on the significance of correctly functioning containment gear, designing a research to guage efficiency of such gadgets, the ins and outs of manufacturing facility and site-acceptance testing and extra.
- Isolator Design for Operator Safety and Filing for Proper US: individuals will develop a generic containment technique that may be utilized to any isolator, then determine how you can adapt to satisfy particular situational wants.
- Managing Variability in OEL and How to Calculate OEL: this session will tackle how you can clarify, display, apply and consider processes used to derive occupational publicity limits (OELs) and establish particular hazards.
The agenda for the subsequent two days consists of informational periods on a broad vary of related subjects, together with manufacturing and technology switch, greatest EHS practices, regulatory points, information, sustainability, facility design and different subjects. Interspersed among the many periods are networking periods and poster periods.